Quick Squat Tutorial
Squat set up and cues
- Grip the bar as narrow as your shoulders will allow but not inside of elbows.
- Bar position varies. The majority go with mid bar position between upper and lower bar placement.
- Retract shoulder blades and depress (pinch together and pull down)
- Take a stance that puts your heels at shoulder width or slightly wider.
- Turn your chest up hard, brace your core and overfill your lungs. Hold your breath throughout the descent and ascent. Stop for a breath at the top.
- Squeeze the bar but don’t pull it into your body or press into it. Just allow it to be supported by your upper back.
- Keep your chest out, back flat and torso as upright as you can throughout the movement.
- Force your knees out as you descend; continue until the crease of your hip is below the surface of your knee.
- Drive your elbows forward, your upper back into the baras you drive your feet (mid foot to heel) into the floor on the way up.
May 27, 2020/